Recipe By The Mediterranean Dish
Mediterranean baked cod is a low-carb, low-calorie, and gluten-free but it’s certainly not flavour-free! The simple sauce is made with tomatoes, capers, and spices for a zesty yet bright and delicate fish dish.
- One ½ lb cod fillet
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 10 garlic cloves, chopped
- One ½ tsp organic ground coriander
- 1 tsp all-natural sweet Spanish paprika
- 1 tsp organic ground cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- One ½ tbsp capers
- Salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- Juice of ½ lemon (add more if you'd like!)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Fresh parsley or mint for garnish
- Prepare the tomato and capers sauce. In a medium saucepan, heat extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add onions, cook for 3 minutes until it begins to turn gold in color, tossing regularly. Add tomatoes, garlic, spices, pinch of salt (not too much) and pepper, capers, and raisins. Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to medium-low and let simmer for 15 minutes or so.
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Pat fish dry and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Pour 1/2 of the cooked tomato sauce into the bottom of a 9 1/2″ x 13″ baking dish. Arrange the fish on top. Add lemon juice and lemon zest, then top with the remaining tomato sauce.
- Bake in 400°F heated-oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until fish is cooked through and flakes easily (do not over-cook). Remove from heat and garnish with fresh parsley or mint to your liking.
- Serve hot with Mediterranean grilled zucchini, Greek potatoes, or Lebanese rice.
- Don’t omit the raisins thinking they’ll make the dish too sweet. They serve to counter-balance the acidity of the tomatoes and the capers.6+
ARE YOU LIVING IN TORONTO OR AN AREA NEARBY AND WISH TO ORDER MEDITERRANEAN ? DON’T WAIT! JUST CALL US AT 1 844 722 7283 OR GO TO CONTACT TO ORDER A CRATE OF HONESTLY FRESH SEAFOOD!