JUMBO SHRIMP WITH SUNDRIED TOMATO BUTTER
Our juicy jumbo shrimp are topped with a stunningly simple, rustic homemade sundried tomato garlic butter--adding umami that doesn't overpower the subtle flavours of the ocean. While the recipe calls for cherry tomatoes and mushrooms, this versatile butter can be paired with any of your favorite quick cook veggies making it an accessible, easy to prepare party dish. Here, the cherry tomatoes’ sweet tartness add a refreshing burst of flavour to this comforting one-pan wonder.
World-Renowned celebrity Chef Susur Lee has created this recipe exclusively for Seafood Crate. He loves our seafood and uses it at his own high-end restaurants. Enjoy fine dining at home with exclusive Chef Susur Lee recipes and our premium, Honestly Fresh seafood.
- Jumbo shrimp (4 shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail off)
3 Fresh white button mushroom, stems off, thick slices
- 3 Fresh kumato cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
INGREDIENTS (Sundried Tomato Butter)
- 1 cup Unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Shallots
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Chipotle pepper (powder)
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Chopped parsley, keep a few full leaves for garnish
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Sundried tomato puree
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
DIRECTIONS (Sundried Tomato Butter)
- Whip butter until smooth. Can be done by hand using softened butter.
- Add salt, chipotle, paprika, and chopped parsley. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, puree the shallots, garlic, and lemon juice together. Add tomato paste and sundried tomato.
- Fold garlic/sundried tomato mixture into butter mixture.
- Add panko crumbs. Stir to combine.
- Let chill, can be made up to 2 weeks before.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- While oven is heating, toss shrimp, tomatoes, and mushrooms in 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Once oven is preheated, lay the shrimp and veggies in the bottom of an oven-safe or cast-iron pan and spread butter on top of everything. Or if chilled, butter can be crumbled or chopped and layered on top of the shrimp, mushrooms, and tomatoes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. The butter should be bubbling.
- Garnish with parsley.
Have you tried this recipe or enjoyed our products? Let us know by leaving a review! If you have any questions, please contact us.