BLACK COD TACOS AND CREAMY GARLIC LIME COLESLAW
Recipe By Seafood Crate
This goes without saying that black cod is a true delicacy in the culinary world. It's increasingly popular among food connoisseurs for its snow-white flesh, rich buttery flavor, and velvety texture. Keen to try some mouthwatering recipes for black cod? You don't need to go to a restaurant to try black cod recipes; you can simply cook them at your own home.
This black cod tacos and creamy garlic lime coleslaw recipe is what you need to spice up your fancy occasions and weeknight dinners. Wondering what's so special about this recipe? This recipe is fun to cook and tastes incredibly delicious when combined with a handful of fresh ingredients and a distinct garlicky flavor.
The crunchiness of black cod tacos, the creaminess of plain yogurt, mayonnaise, and the tangy flavor of garlic make this recipe a must-try. So you must definitely give it a go!
For Crispy Black Cod :
- 8 boneless skinless black cod fillets
- Sunflower or avocado oil
- 1 ½ cups beer
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 ¼ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
For Creamy Garlic Lime Coleslaw :
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1tbsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- Cilantro and sliced jalapeno
- Lime wedges
Get fresh Black Cod delivered to your door
Instructions for Black Cod Tacos :
- Add beer, flour, cornstarch, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Stir them well. If the batter appears thick, add more beer or water to get the desired consistency. Set aside.
- Now add the panko breadcrumbs into a new bowl.
- Dip the black cod fillets into the mixture until it's evenly coated.
- Now, toss the battered black cod fillets over panko crumbs to get a crispy coating.
- Cook black cod over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on both sides until it turns golden brown.
Instructions for Creamy Garlic Lime Coleslaw
- Add shredded carrots and cabbage to a bowl and stir them well.
- Mix plain yogurt, mayonnaise, and chopped garlic in another bowl. Add lime juice, salt, and pepper to enhance the taste.
- Now pour the creamy garlic mixture into the bowl of carrots and cabbage. Stir them until they are fully immersed in the garlic mixture.
- Place crispy black cod fillets in a hard-shell taco topped with creamy garlic lime coleslaw. Sprinkle chopped cilantro and sliced jalapeno over them to enhance the flavor. Serve them with fresh lemon wedges.
Tried this recipe? Share your experience by leaving a comment!